Saturday, February 6, 2016

It's Your Day!

The "It's My Party" Designer Series Paper Stack is filled with great party themed papers!  This is a HUGE stack of 48 sheets, so much bigger than we're used to and I'm so glad it is.  I see me using every bit of it with all the birthday cards I want to make.  I'm planning to jump on the bandwagon started by Shannon West from Stampin' Up!



Shannon has started a movement she's calling #imbringingbirthdaysback - to bring back the sending of traditional birthday cards in the mail. We rely on social media to stay in touch far too often these days and have lost the personal touch of sending cards.  Don’t get me wrong, I love facebook and the friends I have made online, but it does seem people are drifting further apart as a result.
**  #imbringingbirthdaysback  **

I’ve decided I too want to participate in the #imbringingbirthdaysback movement and gladly will be sending a birthday card to all of my customers for their birthday this year.  If you would like to receive a card from me too, just send me an email with your name, address and date of birth (I don't need to know the year, just the month and day). Email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.


Today's card recipe:

Base - Crushed Curry - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper (DSP) 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White Banner - 2" x 5" - Stamped with "IT'S YOUR DAY" in Mint Macaron, then punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
Whisper White Bakers Twine - wrapped around the sentiment banner and tied into a bow on one of them and just wrapped around and taped to the back with the other.
Whisper White - 3/8" x 3" (or so) - stamped with HAPPY BIRTHDAY, then snipped into a banner with my paper snips.

Stamps used:  Party With Cake (wood - 140669 / clear mount 140672)


Inside sentiments also from Party With Cake.  I just love the stamps in this set!  They are fun and so many to choose from!


Thank you for looking in today!  I'm off to have another fun stamping weekend with the girls.  This weekend we're going to Diana Gibbs' and Rhonda Morgan's Spring Fling.  I just love making things that are planned by someone else!  Don't You!?

Happy Saturday!

~ Donna
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Another fun birthday card. FYI: my birthday is St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Just kidding about sending me a b-day card but I certainly won't turn it down!

    I just checked out the sneak peaks for your spring fling you are going to and boy, looks like fun! I want that card Diana had posted is gorgeous! I want to hear what all is in your goodie bag.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are now in my Birthday Book and ready to receive a card for your special day! Spring Fling was a lot of fun. LOTs of projects which I'm working on today. There were a LOT of projects and freebies in our packs! Fun Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors