Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Seedy Thank You Pouch

For some crazy reason, I've been hooked on Sunflower Seeds lately.  I blame my hubby as he's had then around recently and I'm addicted.  Also, they keep me awake when we're watching a program and I keep drifting off.  I figure it's a better snack than a bowl of chips and dip or ice cream and brownies, right?

So, when I saw this idea on Dawn Olchefske's blog, I knew I had to do my version of it.  Dawn stamped her flowers, and I probably will too, maybe this weekend, but for today, I simply snipped out some flowers from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper.


Here you can see the three flowers I snipped out.  If you look closely, you can see the two flowers that are together I snipped out the little bit of blue that was between them, while still keeping them attached.

That way, I could slide the three blooms together the way I wanted them to be.


On the back, I simply added a piece of scotch tape to keep them together and then attached them to the seed bag with glue dots.


The bag is our cellophane 2" x 8" bag and I simply folded over the top a couple of time and stapled it shut.


I made a bow out of the Vintage Crochet Trim and a quick banner from One Big Meaning stamped with Cajun Craze onto Very Vanilla.


Thank you for looking in today!  Have a fabulous weekend!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I used to love the sunflower seeds but maybe I got sick or something as I never seem to eat them. This is a fun little gift when candy doesn't quit fit. Also, something a guy might like too. Snipped flowers vs. stamped and cut out - whatever, this is a fun little gift however you do it.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I think it's very fun. You're right, it would be a good guy gift, minus the flowers, maybe do something else, although the idea is "sunflower" flower to match the sunflower seeds. LOL such a quandary!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors