Friday, September 8, 2017

Thankful For You

It occurred to me that I never shared the second card from Painted Harvest that I made when I made this one.  



Recipe:
Cajun Craze - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Garden Green - 4 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper - 4" x 3"
Very Vanilla - 3 1/2" (depending on sentiment) x 1"   
Very Vanilla - 4 1/8" x 3 1/8" (inside) this is smaller than normal as I was using up some scrap pieces.

Stamps:  Painted Harvest
Ink:  Cajun Craze



So, I need to explain the inside of this card.  The stamp looked strange to me when I pulled it out of the box.  But I figured it was just my eyes.  I cleaned it before using - you know to always do this before you stamp the first time - then I inked it up with Cajun Craze and stamped. 

Sadly, this was how it stamped, with all those little dots in between.  It's not supposed to have dots!  After checking with other team members it was just my stamp, so my eyes were not deceiving me.  The most wonderful thing about Stampin' Up! is that they understand sometimes things go wrong.  I called them and gave them the information they needed and a new set is on the way to me.

Apparently the area behind the lettering wasn't deep enough and there was no way to get a good stamp without the back stamping too.  Can you see it?


Maybe I could put a distress stamp around it and it would look like I intended it to be spotty!  


Moral of the story is, always stamp on a scrap first to be sure you image is what it should be.  

Thank you for looking in today.  It's finally Friday and I have a workshop Saturday!  Yayyy!

To purchase any of the items used here, simply click on an item below.

~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. I like this Cajun craze color more and more.

    Chris r from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cajun Craze is a perfect fall color. It gives the season a little more variety.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors