Monday, August 22, 2011

My Brother's Birthday

Tomorrow is my Brother's Birthday so I whipped this up quickly this morning before work.  I hope he notices that it's handmade, but knowing him, he'll barely glance at it... lol... Men!

This is a very simple card but I really like the way the colors pop.

I started with whisper white for the base cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  I added Big Top Birthday DSP (122348) and stamped the balloons from Party This Way (w-118744 / c-120609) with Real Red and Tempting Turquoise.  Then I stamped the "happy birthday" also from Party This Way in Tempting Turquoise across the bottom.  The balloon strings are Bakers Twine in Cherry Cobbler / White (123125) 


I hope he likes it, it was quick and simple.  My brother is 11 years older than me and a man of few words, but hopefully he'll appreciate it was from my heart.

Hope you had a great Monday... 3 more work days for me and then it's off to Henderson, Nevada for my very first Regional Stampin' UP! event. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you are going to a Regional! now you have to keep me updated : ) Love the card and he will love it cuz you made it!

    Francis Santos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were going to Regional too!!

    So glad to see you managed to post. Crazy blogs keep me from posting when I want to on others... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. It's so hard to make masculine cards that aren't all way serious, ya know? You managed though!

    Have a blast at the Regional!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors