Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer and Christmas Do Go Together!

Well it seems that summertime and Christmas can go together.  Who knew?  The stamp set used below is from the Summer Mini which will be going away August 31st, so don't miss anything you may be wanting from there... On the Grow (w-123075 c-123077) is one of my very favorite sets from the Summer Mini.  The sentiment comes from the new Idea Book and is a Hostess set called Perfect Words (w-122470 c-122472).

The DSP used behind the flower vase however, is from the Holiday Mini that will begin on September 1st.  The name of the DSP is Holly Berry Bouquet (124004) and while it is Christmas, there are a couple of pieces in there that really are more suited to year round use. 

The mat behind the DSP is Wild Wasabi cardstock.  But look... is that a new embossing folder used on the WW?  No, not a new folder... So what then you say?  Well, let me tell you... I used my new Simply Scored Scoring Tool.  Isn't it fabulous and ohhh so easy!  I simply scored it at every 1/4 inch and then turned a half turn and scored it again at every 1/4 inch.  The Simply Scored has scoring ability at every 1/8 inch so you'll never be missing a specific measurement you may need for any project.


Happy Monday.  Don't forget to take some time to Stamp Well With Others!

~Donna

5 comments:

  1. The scoring tool sounds awesome, I am glad I waiting to purchase something like that. I like the way you used the scoring tool to give your card texture. Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And thanks for the reminder of the impending deadline for ordering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I just know you will LOVE the Simply Scored. I just keep trying to find ways to use ot for everything! LOL

    Danita... don't let the month get away from you. You know how time flies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While Simply Scored looks nice, is it worth getting over my score pal?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors