Sunday, August 28, 2011

Regional Was a Blast!

Well, my first Stampin' UP! event has come and gone and I'm sad that it was so short, but I'm ready to do it all again whenever I get a chance!

Linda and I had a great trip and enjoyed being tourists along the way.  One of the best things that happened was seeing and enjoying RAIN!!  Only those of you that live where it's so dry and hot will understand the thrill of seeing rain.  My online chat friends would always laugh when I'd run from the computer outside to stand in the rain.  LOL

We stopped in Prescott to see Linda's Mom and just before arriving the thermostat on her car was over 100 degrees.  When it started to rain it was at 94 degrees and in less than a minute of driving through heavy rain the temperature dropped to 64 degrees.  It was amazing.   After visiting with Mom for a bit we were off again and our stop for lunch was in Seligman, AZ on old Route 66 at Delgadillo's Snow Cap Drive Inn.  The owner Juan (or John) was hysterical and really knew how to make his customers laugh.  If you ever get a chance to stop there, you should definitely do so.

So, on to the Regional.  We were up early Saturday morning for coffee and breakfast and to wait for registration to begin.  Soon the ladies started showing up and we began swapping and sharing and making friends.  We learned some great new techniques and fun ideas.  My shopping list just kept growing and growing (Linda's too I think!).  Fortunately, there was one thing I could remove from my list, because I won it in the last Prize Patrol!  I was sooo excited to have won!  The final prize was It's a Wrap Holidays.  We also all came home with a Stampin' Card Keeper and an On Board 5" x 5" Art Journal.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Make & Takes we did while we were there. 

 

Here we are making our 2nd Make and Take:

And of course... here's our burger and fries from the Snow Cap.  Notice the Smiley Face Fry?  LOL

THIS was the view from our room.  When I made the reservations, I went with the most affordable room but when we saw the lake, and how pretty it was, I asked if our room had a lake view.  It didn't BUT the desk clerk upgraded us to one at no charge.  How awesome is that?

Our trip home was pretty crazy.  We drove through a huge thunderstorm that was a bit unnerving, but we survived although we were a bit tired.  All in all, it was an amazing trip and we had a blast!

Have a great week!
~Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors