Thursday, October 11, 2012

3-D Pumpkin

This adorable pumpkin was so easy to make!  It looks hard and you'd think it takes forever, but it really was quite easy.  Thanks to Amanda at Krafting Kreations!! 

Since I don't currently have the 2 1/2" circle punch, I made my circles with the Circles #2 Originals Die and the Big Shot.  Actually, this was much much faster as I could cut 4 circles at a time.  You'll need a total of 25, although I think I only managed 23 using the die cut and it looks fine to me.

You will need: Pumpkin Pie cardstock (2 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11"), a 2" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla (actually, can be any color as it won't be seen) cardstock, a 1" x 3" piece of Chocoalte Chip cardstock, scrap of Old Olive cardstock and a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock, Stampin' Write Basic Black Marker, Cajun Craze Ink, Chocolate Chip Ink, Old Olive Ink, Stampin' Sponges or Sponge Daubers, 2 1/2" Circle Punch or the Circles #2 Originals Die, Large Oval Punch, Bird Punch, Paper Snips, Paper Piercer, Bone Folder, Simply Scored, and Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive

Punch or die cut twenty five 2 1/2" circles from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.

Score those pumpkins in half on the Simply Scored.  Fold all the circles in half with the score line.  Trim about 1/8" off the bottom of each folded half circles so your pumpkin will have a flat area to stand on.
 
While holding your circles closed, gently sponge the edges with Cajun Craze ink, then sponge the bottom half with Chocolate Chip ink.
 
Refold your circles so the inked sides are now inside.  You'll be placing glue on the uninked sides for attaching to each other.  Be sure to adhere them together with the flat ends all on the same side or your pumpkin won't have a base to stand on.
 
Adhere half of your circles together and set aside.  Adhere the rest of the circles together so you have two halves.
 
Take a scrap of Old Olive cardstock and sponge it with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip.  Be sure to do both sides of the paper, so when you punch out the leaves they have ink on both sides.  Punch the leaves using the Bird Builder Punch.  Spread some Tombo glue to the open side of one half of your pumpkin and arrange the leaves inside.  Don't let it close up! 
 
Using the scrap of Whisper White, punch out one large oval.  Draw eyes and and open "O" for the mouth using the Basic Black Stampin' Write pen.  Glue the ghost on the other side of the open pumpkin making sure he can see through the stems from the other side.  Adhere the two halves together.
 
When you stand it up, it will have a large hole down the center.  Not to worry.  Cut a scrap piece of cardstock 2" x 4".  It doesn't matter what color because you won't see it. Start rolling it by rolling the end of the paper around the narrow end of a Paper Piercer. After you've got the roll started you can finish the rest without the Paper Piercer.  Close it off with some glue so it stays closed.
 
Slide the paper dowel down into the middle of the pumpkin.  Push it all the way down and fill the hole with the Tombo glue.  Now take the piece of Chocolate Chip paper cut at 1" x 3" and roll it up like the dowel.  Unroll it and then roll it up at an angle so one end has a narrower end.  I borrowed Amanda's picture below to show you what it should look like.  Bend the narrowed end over to look like a stem.
 

Place the wide end down into the Tombo glue. and set it aside to dry.  Isn't it adorable!?  Send me pictures if you make one and I'll post it for you, if you like.  Amanda has full pictures on her blog.  I guess I'm going to have to start doing that as well so I have a better documentation for you to follow. 
 
Happy Crafting!
 
~ Donna
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I may just have to study this further and make one of my own for decoration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you making them as place markers for the holiday meal! If we were having a Thanksgiving meal this year, I would think of it, but we'll be working so hard hubby and I are thinking of going out to eat for Turkey Day (never done that in my life). Or maybe a pizza. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors