Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apple Cider Pouch

Spotted this one on Dawn Olchefske's Control Freak's Tour recently and once again, fell in love with her work!  Thanks Dawn!  I changed up some of the colors and finishing touches, but the design and measurements I followed from her blog.

I just wish my colors photographed better.  I'm up for any suggestions you might have!  I have a great little camera, but I jut can't get great colors.


Start with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock.  Score at 4 1/4" using the Simply Scored.  Then, add the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate and score at 5 3/4".  Fold in half and then fold down the diagonal score.

Using the Crop-a-dile (now retired) punch two 3/16" holes with the Crop-a-dile set on 5/8ths.  Cut about 12 inches of ribbon and go in the bottom hole, come around the front, leaving it loose for the Cinnamon Stick, then poke the ribbon through the top hole, come around front again and tie a bow.

Stamp and cut out 4 apples using the framelits from the Cannery Framelits.  Score down the middle of the apple and then fold them in half attaching to each other 1/2 at a time.

Easy and complete directions with a video are on Dawn's blog.

Stamping Supplies
Stamps and Framelits:  Perfectly Preserved Bundle (w-129943 or c-129944)
Ink: Riding Hood Red

Cardstock:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
DSP: Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (126895)
Tools:  Big Shot (113439), Cannery Framelits (included in bundle), Crop-a-Dile (retired)
Accessories: Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon, Early Espresso Baker's Twine (123124)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors