Saturday, December 8, 2012

Twitterpated Birthday

Well we had a couple of birthdays in the office lately.  The most recent one was on Wednesday for my boss Karen.  Here's the card I made for her birthday.  It's a very simple card but has a lot of style and it's great for using up some of those scraps of paper we all have in our supplies!

I adhered strips of Twitterpated DSP onto a scrap of old copier paper then ran it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and then through again with the Top Note Bigz Die.  Using snips, cut off the perforated edge so that it can be layered onto solid card stock.

It's hard to tell here, but the Whisper White card stock was embossed using the Stripes Embossing Folder before attaching the Top Note cut outs.  Full details on products used below.


Recipe:

Stamps:  Bring on the Cake (w-121899 / c-121958) - pg. 142
Ink:  Riding Hood Red (126968) - pg. 155
Card Stock: Whisper White (100730) - pg. 156 and Riding Hood Red (111348) - pg. 155
DSP:  Twitterpated (125406) - pg. 165
Ribbon:  3/8" Taffeta Ribbon - Riding Hood Red (122988) - pg. 173
Big Shot (113439) - pg. 186/187 and Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (120175) pg. 189 and Stripes Embossing Folder (123128) pg. 189
Extras:  Glue Dots (103683) pg. 177 - for attaching ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) pg. 177 - for attaching "Happy Birthday"; Paper Snips (103579) pg. 180

A little added note here... if you don't have a pair of Stampin' Up! Paper Snips yet, why not??  I myself held off on getting them because I had another brand that looked just like them except in a pretty color.  Well, when I gave in, I wondered what had taken me so long!  These things cut through ribbon so smooth and crisp, you won't believe it!

Thanks for looking in.  Have a great Saturday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna this is gorgeous! LOVE how you used many strips of DSP on this! Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorri and thanks for looking in! I can't tell you how nice it is to see you on my blog!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors