Thursday, April 25, 2013

Congratulations!

Have you made your wish list yet of the retiring items you simply must have?  I know I've got mine ready and have already hit "send" along with some great pre-orders that will be in the upcoming catalog.  That's just one of the nice things about being a Demonstrator, we can order EARLY before anyone else.  Woo Hooo!!  You should join my team so you can order early too!  


Today my oldest son leaves for California, or is probably already on the road by the time you see this.  He's heading to the Stanford University Hospital to work for the next three months in their Oncology Department.  He'll have to change his internal clock since he works nights now, and there he will be working days administering chemo to cancer patients.  I have to say, I'm very proud of him.  

On Tuesday, he and I went for a nice brunch to spend a little time together before his big trip.  It was so nice having some time with just the two of us.  Naturally, being a stamper, I had to make him a card.  I think he almost expected it by the way he eyeballed it sitting on the table under my phone.  LOL

So, without further adieu, here's the card I made for him.  

Yes, I know this stamp is a "get well" stamp (and is retired since it was a sale-a-bration stamp), but since Billy is going to the hospital as an RN, I thought the band-aid would be perfect.  The nice thing about this stamp is, that it was easy to ink just the band-aid and then add a different sentiment under it.  The "congratulations" comes from Henry Says and is a perfect fit.  Henry Says is in the Spring Mini and is available until May 31st.  Don't miss it, it's a great little set!


Inside, I used one of the glassine bags from the holiday mini and stamped the 'just for you' that comes from the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit from the Spring Mini, which is also still current until May 31st, so don't wait!  Inside I added a little "mad money" for whatever he needed along the way.  Not much mind you as the kid probably earns way more than I do!  lol


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
Ink:  Cajun Craze
Stamps:  Patterned Occasions (retired), Henry Says (w-128090 / c-128093)
Accessory:  2 1/2" Circle Punch

I cut the Cajun Craze at 4" x 2" and then punched with the 2 1/2" circle punch in the middle.  I stamped the band-aid first and then placed the Cajun Craze paper with the help of a ruler to be sure it was nice and straight.  Wish I could say the same about the stamp!  LOL

Thanks for looking in today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of him too! Great kid...and still so darn good looking too, lol. Watch out California Girls...here he comes!

    Oh, cute card too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I think he's pretty darned handsome too. ;) He's way better than the cute card too. LOL

    Proud Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors