Thursday, April 3, 2014

Punch Art Giraffe - Get Well

So, apparently I'm obsessed with Giraffe's right now and after doing my punch art giraffe for our Team Swap the other day, I just had to play with another one!

My boss wanted a get well card with a giraffe for a friend of hers who had knee surgery.  Well, the first giraffe wouldn't have worked, he didn't have legs!  So I created this little cutie for her to send.

A little note... I added a pink bow to the final card since this is for a woman.  I'll take another picture and update later, but since my new computer and I are just getting to know each other and it's nearly midnight (Wednesday) for posting tomorrow morning (Thursday), I'm not going to do that just now.

Once I added a body to this giraffe I suddenly realized I now needed a tail!  I love how it turned out.  The pattern and instructions will detail it all in Friday's post.  You'll see I turned the ears down like I mentioned in my previous giraffe punch art post.  I like it better this way, more like a real giraffe!


 
 
To give the look of a bandaged knee, I wrapped a small piece of ribbon around the most visible front leg.  Cute!

 
 
Thank you for looking in.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for the recipe!
 
~ Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors