Saturday, April 12, 2014

Quick and Easy Perfect Pennants

I needed a quick card to add to my workshop today since our other project is considerably more involved.  In looking through some of my favorite samples, I found this great card by Brenda Quintana - Thanks Brenda!  It was perfect because I was wanting something using Washi Tape and this fit the bill perfectly.  I changed it up a bit by making the base card out of Coastal Cabana since Whisper White can be a bit flimsy on it's own.

The base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  The Whisper White is 5 1/4" x 4".

To be sure your Washi Tape goes on straight, lay your card on grid paper and then tear a piece of tape wide enough to go across, plus some.  Line it up on the grid paper and place it on your card stock.  The great thing about Washi Tape, it lifts of easily so you can try again if it goes down crooked.  Then line the other tapes up by lining them up with the first one, or by using the grid paper again, depending on how much space you want in between.

The sentiment and the heart is from Perfect Pennants and the flower is punched from the Itty Bitty Shapes pack.

 
 
Below you will see before and after adding ink to my stamp pad.  The solid heart stamp didn't stamp well on my first attempt which told me it was time to get out the re-inker and juice it up!  So much better after that. 
 
TIP:  When stamping with a solid stamp, such as the heart, you will want to hold the stamp on the ink pad instead of tapping to be sure you have good ink coverage.  The same is true when putting the stamp to paper, hold it in place for a bit to give the ink time to soak into the paper for a clean image.
 



My Stampin' Up! Supplies:  Click on product images below for more details or for easy online shopping!  I'm looking forward to being your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!
 
~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors