Monday, September 28, 2015

Holiday Kiss Tents

I first saw cute little Pumpkin Tents on Qbee's Quest and fell in love with them.  Then I thought about all of the snowmen and penguins with their accessories I had from last week and I think I went a little bit wild.  It was so much fun!


First, let me show you how to make the little tents for the kiss to slide in to.

Begin with a piece of card stock at least 4 inches wide.  The length doesn't matter because you are going to cut it up into 3/4".  I started with a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" and just cut 4" off one end.

Keep the paper in your cutter still facing the same direction as you made your cut and score at 3", 2" and then 1".  I prefer to use my scoring tool on my cutter track instead of pulling out my scoring board.


Turn your paper and cut 3/4" wide strips.  You'll have several from this one section of paper and won't have to score each 4" x 3/4" strip individually.

Fold on the score lines:


Apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue and fold into a triangle.



Place a Hershey Kiss inside the triangle and you're ready to decorate.   You will need to "smoosh" the top of the kiss down a bit to fit, but it is a nice tight fit and the kiss won't fall out.


I started with more Halloween bits - love the Witches' Hat in Blackberry Bliss. 


Then a Penguin dressed up as a ghost.  See the rest of his friends HERE.



Then the Christmas party got started!  I just LOVE playing with these guys.  Stamp and cut out multiple colors of accessories and have a grand time playing "paper dolls" (aka, snowmen and penguins) with them all! 





I hope you'll give these fun treats a try.  They will look great on co-workers' desks or just to decorate your own desk for sharing when someone comes to you.

Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. So adorable. Easy quick and can change it up for any celebration. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie! They were so much fun to make and as you said, they can be so interchangeable for whatever the event may be!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors