Friday, February 24, 2017

Post-It Easel Calendar

Today's project is a total CASE from LeeAnn Greff.  I couldn't help myself, she just has the cutest calendar box and I just had to.  Thank you LeeAnn, this is awesome!

I have to admit the main reason I bought this Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) was for the cute pink gingham, but after I opened the pack a couple of weeks ago, I found myself using some of the other papers first for a workshop.  At least I still have my gingham!


This is made with only one piece of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock and then just a couple of small pieces of DSP for decorating.  I chose Old Olive because I love the Sweet Sugarplum and I need to re-order more.

Below are the measurements for the box.  I don't have the template drawn up as this was a late night production after working on my super secret swap cards for our Team Meeting on Monday!

However, you can see all the details and LeeAnn's video here.  This is so fast and simple, you're going to LOVE it!  (p.s. I've ordered a stand to hold my cell phone, so I really hope to start making some videos soon...)

Box:  card stock cut at 7" x 4 3/4"
Easel: card stock cut at 10 1/2" x 3 3/4"
DSP:  3 1/2" x 2 1/4  and  3 3/4" x 3 1/2

You will also want your corner rounder, bone folder and preferably Tombo Liquid Glue.  It is my go to adhesive for pretty much everything.

Post-it notes will work great in here, but...


Since I didn't have any at the house, I looked around to see what else will fit.  Since the easel has a nice wide base to it, look what it will hold!

All of my Watercolor Pencils!  Yay!



It would also be a great holder for your business cards.  Keep them on your desk so they are always near by for mailing to your customers or to slip inside a little notecard.


See how nice they look there!  I purchased my calendars from Vippies.com.  I honestly thought I'd missed out as they sold out quickly last year, but I received an email that they had a sale while supplies last.  They arrived in a couple of weeks.  Very fast service.  I ordered the Medium size (2 3/8" x 1 3/4")


You could even use it for some light tools, the ones that always get lost on your desk.

Ok, that may be going a bit far, but hey, look there, it works!


Thank you again for looking in and a BIG Thank You to LeeAnn Greff for the great idea and perfect tutorial.

Happy Friday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I love gingham, at first that was my favorite sheet in the pack but now I really am getting the succulent fever and like the sheet LeeAnn used. I am going to make this for Mike for his desk at work in Iowa Hawkeyes black and gold and probably for his desk at home too. This summer maybe a Cubs one and then for fall the Greenbay Packrs.

    I had to laugh with the watercolor pencils in there and then the scissors and bone folder. Actually that is a great idea to add a few of the lightweight tools that we use all the time to keep them corralled.

    Thanks for a reminder of this great project as I had seen her post but deleted it by mistake and forgot about it.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love LeeAnn's creations and her instructions are always so simple and easy to follow. She's always nice enough to comment back to me if I email her.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors