Monday, December 18, 2017

Framed Rose Garden Window

This framed Rose Garden card idea originally came from LeeAnn Greff.  I just love her ideas and projects, so I decided to give it a try.


I love how it turned out, but then I realized there was no where to write anything inside with the rose kind of exposing everything.


So I made it again, but inside I put in a folded inner piece so that there is an extra flap to lift and write on a blank inside.

Recipe:
Perfect Plum - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 8" x 5 1/4", scored and folded at 4"

Adhere the folded Whisper White inside as you would any inside piece, except this time it's open like a mini card inside your main card.

To cut the window in the front of the card, use your Stampin' Up! Trimmer and make your cuts accordingly:

Horizontal Cuts - from the 1/2" mark to the 5" mark
Vertical Cuts - from the 1/2" mark to the 3 3/4" mark

Die cut the large rose with leaves from Rose Garden Thinlits.  It will hang out a bit, but you will trim those pieces off.  Begin at the fold because you won't be able to trim overages there.  Use your Liquid Multipurpose glue or the Fine Tip Glue pen to use just a little glue where needed.


Can you see where there is a flap for stamping your sentiment and then a back piece for writing your greeting to your recipient.


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a great week and stay safe if you're out shopping for those last minute gifts for family and friends.

Happy Monday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. That flap is a good idea for writing a message. Well done. I love LeeAnn's blog for ideas!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has wonderful ideas and she takes time to write back. I like that.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors