Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration with your families.  Hubby ended up with a bad sore throat here so we told the kids it was best to stay clear so none of them get sick.  Mother's Day will be here soon, so hopefully we can have them all over then.

So, I took advantage of some quiet time and made some cards with supplies from the upcoming Summer Mini.  Did I mention how much I absolutely LOVE the beautiful and colorful embossing powders that will be available beginning May 1st? 

I really like how this one turned out. I began by stamping the flowers from Fabulous Florets (123025 w /123027 c) with Versa Mark (102283) and then using the Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (123223) then embossing with the heat gun.  I took one of our Sponge Daubers (102892) and colored the flower with ink from the Melon Mambo ink pad.  The stems are stamped with Garden Green with the lighter stems being stamped without re-inking the stamp after the first one on the right.  The "vase" is the ornament punch and trimmed off the point.  The "just for you" is from A Word for You (117032 w / 120528 c) from the Idea Book and Catalog.



This one is using the same Fabulous Florets, Daffodil Delight cardstock and Beyond the Garden DSP (122342) from the Summer Mini.  I love that DSP, it's so full of springtime colors and happiness. 

I stamped the flowers onto Whisper White paper after I used the Daffodil Delight ink pad to "paint" the paper to make a yellow background without it being a solid color.  The saying is also from A Word for You from above.


So, who says you have to have small children in order to color Easter Eggs??  Not us, that's for sure.  We color them every year, even if the human kids aren't here to help.  We always have helpers though and Miss Boots here is the best one (and the most interested in the process) of our six cats - yes, I said six... what can I say, we have a soft heart for animals that need homes.  AND NO, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE... LOL!  Boots is always fascinated by the eggs.  I think it must be the vinegar in the dye though as she's always licking the shells after we color them.  Silly cat, but we love her!

Hope you had a great Easter weekend and if you get around to making anything fun, please feel free to post your pictures as well.  I'd love to see them.

Hugs ~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love the brilliant colors you achived. Makes me want to stamp & emboss the night away!

    Hugs...Danita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Nike trying to help me :0) I can't wait for my party to get here ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm testing my ability to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...your Boots looks just like our Stevie! He thinks she is very cute too! Yes, he is a Maine Coon and is one of the sweetest & smartest cats we've ever been lucky enough to have. Love you Fabulous Florettes cards too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors