Sunday, June 5, 2016

Swirly Bird Birthday

These stamps are just so much fun!  Check out this one I made this weekend.  I started with Flirty Flamingo for the base and stamped the flowers in Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo.




I especially like the Gold Foil Mat.  Remember to get the most out of your paper by using the part of the mat that isn't visible for something else.  See the bottom of this post for what I did for this one.




Recipe:

Base:  Flirty Flamingo - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Mat:  Gold Foil - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"

Inside: Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4"

Stamps:  Swirly Bird, Cottage Greetings
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy
Stampin' Write Marker - Sweet Sugarplum

To make the two shades of flowers, I stamped once, then again without re-inking for the lighter shade.



Here is the leftovers from the mat.   You can see I simply cut a large rectangle with my paper trimmer to make a "frame" which turns into the mat.  Now I have a good sized piece left over for making something else or for die-cutting.




Thank you for looking in today.  Make it a great week!  ~ Donna




Product List

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun with the swirly bird stamps. I still think this as adult scribbling! Those colors look really good with the gold foil paper. I do the same thing by cutting out the inside esp with this more expensive paper. The inside is so cute with that sentiment and the little flowers. I might have to cave in yet and get that Cottage Greetings set. Great idea for stamping off for a little different lighter shade to the flowers just like in real life! Of course a little bling adds to the fun!

    Thanks for your comment on Susan's blog. It was such a fun card to make and I usually don't think of card making as fun as I usually get frustrated at something. In my comments it tells where I CASEd it and she has all the measurements too.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love the card you made at Susan's. It really caught my eye before I knew it was yours. Really awesome and so colorful. I may have to CASE you now! :)

    I need to decorate the inside of cards more often. It really makes them so much more inviting. Cottage Greetings is a fun set. I like the font for the Birthday, Congrats and Thanks.

    The foil paper absolutely has to be used wisely, it's price keeps me frugal, but I do love using it.

    Thank you for being a consistent commenter. I look forward to them every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors