Sunday, June 12, 2016

Catalog Case(ing) for Ideas

If you are ever stuck for ideas, if you have a catalog in your hands, you are stuck no more!  There are several flower sets that I simply had to have but when I couldn't decide which one to choose first, I decided to look in the catalog and came across page 143 with my Penned & Painted set.

Since I didn't have everything that was used, I made some changes and added a little more.  The sentiment for this card is from Blooms & Wishes.


Don't you just LOVE the Ladybug?  If you look at the stamp set, there's a single little dot and it is made just for the little ladybug body!  LOVE IT!



Recipe:
Base - Pear Pizzazz - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White - 2 1/8" x 1 1/2"

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Tuxedo Black

Ribbon:  Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon




The sentiment for this one is from Bunch of Blossoms.

Base - Pear Pizzazz - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky.



So, now you know what to do when you need a burst of inspiration!  Remember, you can always add your own touches to any project, but sometimes we all just need a starting point!


*** TIP ALERT ***

I added something to the supply list below that I don't normally add but always use.  

I wanted to be sure to share a little tip with you any time you get a new stamp set no mater what style - Wood Mount, Clear Mount or Photopolymer - always clean them with your Stampin' Mist and Scrubber for a nice crisp image.  Stamps always have a bit of residue on them when they are new and this needs to be cleaned off so you will love them from the very first usage!

Thank you for looking in today.  To purchase anything you see used here, just click the pic below!  ~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like the trail with the lady bug or without - but both are just adorable! I like the colors you chose for the cards - so pretty. I have to admit I don't pay that much attention to the samples in the catalog - some just get lost on the page anyway. So, how many flower sets do you have? I am sure I have more than I realize! Great job on the cards - can't decide which I like the best.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch on the ladybug trail... I thought it would be cute, but I'm thinking I like it best without. I think it works better for a buzzy bee...

      I have a lot of flower set... I just need to use them more. I just couldn't resist the two-step ones and the ones that have a watercolor look to them.

      Happy Sunday!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors