Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wetlands Birthday

I spotted this a while ago and knew it would be the one that would convince me to purchase the Wetlands stamp set.  Sure enough, I ordered it and then I couldn't find where I'd found this, so I'm CASEing from memory here.

Can you believe I waited so long to get this set?  It's the perfect masculine stamp set!


Recipe:
Base - Soft Suede - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Mat - Old Olive - 5 3/8" x 3 7/8"
Shimmery White - 5 1/4" x 3 3/4"

I used post-it notes to make a mask across the bottom and two along the side.  Using my sponge daubers and Old Olive ink, I sponged the ink onto the Very Vanilla as shown below.

Stamp the goose onto the Old Olive and then again onto Very Vanilla.  Sponge the goose with Soft Suede as shown and then fussy cut the body and head out and then attach it to the stamped image.  i wanted the legs to stand out a bit more, so I took my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and drew them in a little darker than the stamp did.

I also added some Clear Wink of Stella along the Old Olive for a little more glimmer.


If you look closely you'll also see that I made score lines 1/8" inch apart down the side and across the bottom with my Stampin' Trimmer scoring blade.


Inside I place a Very Vanilla piece inside and stamped the grasses on with Old Olive.


I'm really pleased with this and how it turned out!  It really does look fabulous in person.  I mailed it today to the recipient and can hardly wait to hear what they think of it!

Thank you for looking in today!  To order anything you see here, click on any of the images below.

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. This card is so cool! I love the stamp set and thought I would use it a lot but I haven't that much. I really like that green part the way you did it and that scoring is fantastic! Love your coloring too. The inside is so fun. A great card! I will be CASing your card for sure! I like everything about it - just gorgeous.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I see so many cards made with this set, but this one really jumped out at me. I need to use it more with the other stamps in the set.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors