Saturday, April 21, 2012

Creative Saturday

Had a great creative day with Brittney today.  It seems like it's been ages since we've had unlimited Saturday Crafting Time!  I still need to make another birthday card for someone special but for now, here's what was created today.

This first card is for a little guy who celebrates half-birthdays and loves cars!  I searched on Splitcoast and found this cute car idea.  I want to add a rhinestone to the front for headlights and color one red to put on the back for brake lights.  I just realized I hadn't done that yet.  Sorry!  :)

The car is made from the Modern Label Punch (119849), Large Oval (119855), 1/2" Circle, and the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309).

The balloons are from Patterned Party (w-123065 / c-123067) and the sentiment from On Your Birthday (111664 - wood only - and Retiring the end of May).  I love this stamp set - it is one of the ones I'm really going to miss on the Retirement Cards.

I hand cut the grass from Garden Green and sponged the clouds with Bashful Blue.  I hope Aiden likes it!


This one is for his big sister who will be graduating from 8th grade in May.  Her school colors (if I got it right) should be navy and gold, so I chose Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight.  I couldn't find anything to make the Mortar Board with, so I hand drew it.  Kind of pleased how it came out actually. 



Cardstock:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Basic Black. 
Stampset:  Curly Cute (w-117014 / c-120510)
Tools:  Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (118138) and Scallop Edge Border Punch (118402), Perfect Polka Dots (117335) Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (105021).


This card was made by Brittney.  It's a remodel of one of the Stamp-a-Stacks we did recently.  She changed the white base card to Sahara Sand and added More Mustard striped paper from the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack.


I also realized that I never posted the card that we made at our last workshop.  It is posted on my facebook page (StampsWellWithOthers) but missed being posted here.  I CASEd this card from Dawn Olchefske.  Isn't it beautiful?


Cardstock:  Whisper White, Concord Crush
Ink:  Concord Crush, Old Olive
Tools:  Simply Scored (122334) and the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586)
Stamps:  Bright Blossoms (w-125495 / c-125497) and Delightful Dozen (w-122650 / c-122652).



Thank you for looking in.  Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. All lovely but I esp. like the grad card. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, look there, it's my BFF Danita!!! Thanks, I like how it turned out too. You should make one for your upcoming graduate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! The punch car is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lynn, I appreciate your comment. I found the punch car idea on Splitcoast - I believe I put in Punch Art Car. I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors