Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fun Day Making Cards

I had a great time on Sunday making cards and I wanted to share them with you here.  Yes, I know it's nearly Thursday, but that's just how my weeknights have been!  haha!

This card is my very favorite.  I actually got the idea from several locations but when I went to do mine, I discovered I cut it "wrong" for the way I had seen on the samples.  BUT, it seems I like my way better in the end as I only had to decorate one side.  The others I saw had to decorate both sides of the cut.




Recipe for the above card: 
Cardstock:  Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Water Color Paper
DSP:  Flirtatious Specialty
Ribbon:  Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Stamps:  Apothecary Art (w-125525 / c-125527); On Your Birthday (111664 - wood only and retiring May 31st)
Stampin' Write / Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive


Cardstock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
DSP:  Big Top Birthday
Stamp Set:  Bring on the Cake (w-121899 / c-121958)


The above card was leftover from a Stamp-a-Stack which came in extra handy when I needed a fast card.  This stamp set is another one that will be retiring the end of May.  I have to admit it's one of my favotires and I'll be sad to see it go.


Lastly a very retired stamp set "King of the Grill" but one of my favorite go-to sets for the BBQing men in my life.  Who doesn't have the need to make a card for when Dad is doing his best to keep the grill under control?  Gotta Love It!


2 comments:

  1. Wow...that top Happiest Birthday card is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful? I'm really happy witt how it came out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors