Friday, July 20, 2012

Patriotic Support

A co-worker's Grandson was badly injured in Afghanistan in early June and is currently at Walter Reed Hospital healing and preparing for more surgeries and recouperation.  She asked for cards to cheer him up and of course I had to make something!  I found thise great easy card on Dawn Olchefske's blog so this is what I made.  The white star even spins, cool huh?


Cardstock:  Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White
Punches - Retired Star Punches from SU
Square Lattice Embossing Folder and Top Note Bigz Die

The stamp isn't SU, but one that I've had for years celebrating the Red, White and Blue!

If you'd like to read more about this young man, you should be able to see it here:  AZ Central - Laurie Roberts' Blog.  I spoke with Mason's Grandmother yesterday about what he might like and we discussed "Thank You" cards.  She said he would like being able to send thank you's to family and friends back home that are supporting him.  If you'd like to send him something, the address is in the article.  Tell him his Grandma sent you.  LOL  I'm going to make some Thank You Cards this weekend to send off.  I think that will be a fun thing to do.

Remember to say a prayer for all our soldiers serving our Great Country and remember their families as well.  They need our prayers and support.

Thank you for checking in!  Have a great Weekend!
~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors