Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Birthday Balloons with Owl Feet

I've been thinking about balloons lately and how to make them without hand cutting.  So I looked through the punches we have and hit upon two that worked PERFECTLY together to make a balloon.  The Small Oval (120908) and the Owl Builder (118074).  Okay, I see you thinking... think about this.  The bottom, or gathered part of a balloon where the knot is tied, has a rippled edge to it.  Take a look at the "feet" on the owl and you have the gathered part of a balloon.  


Punch out the Small Oval out of any DSP or card stock you like and then punch enough "feet" to go with your ovals.  Trim the feet up so you have plenty of  pieces to go with your balloons.  See samples below:



Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
DSP:  Sycamore Street (from Sale-a-Bration)
Stamp Set:  Perfectly Penned (w-122890 / c-122892)
Extras:  Cloudy Day Embossing Folder (127022), Small Oval Punch (120908), Owl Builder Punch (118074), Pool Party Bakers Twine (125574), Labels Collection Framelits (125598).

Thank you for looking in today.  I love to hear from you so if you stop by, please say hello!

If you don't already have a Demonstrator, I'd love it if you would place your order by going to MY WEBSITE or by emailing me directly for more information at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.

Have a great day!

~Donna


4 comments:

  1. LOL...how perfect! Love the originality of the idea, and it does make a perfect balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I'm so excited to have come up with something out of my own brain for a change. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLEVER CLeVer CLEVEr!!!! Oh my gosh why didn't I think of this! You are so smart, LOVE this idea! Way to to DONNA! Cute card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorri. I guess I'm finally catching on to look "outside the box" (or punches.. lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors