Friday, February 1, 2013

Print Poetry Quilted Card

I found this great card idea from Lyssa Griffith-Zwolanek and changed up the colors and sentiment stamps.  I love it when I find the cute "quilted" cards.  I've never made a real quilt, but my Mom enjoyed making a few and I've always loved the hand-made snuggly quilts.  So, since I'm not much for sewing, I enjoy making them on paper.

Both cards are made from the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack.  What is even cooler, is that the both cards are made from the same three pieces of Print Poetry.  The great  Midnight Muse and Crumb Cake squares are on the other side of the Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals.  I love how that turned out!  There are several great color combinations in this DSP Stack.



This was such an easy card to make!  Using your 1 3/8" Square Punch, punch out 3 squares of three different DSP patterns.  Start by adhering one down dead center on the card stock.  Attach the other squares alternately around the first one to form the pattern used.  Trim up any that goes off the card (using the leftovers for the opposite side).  That's all there is to it.  So simple and so cute.  

Attach a ribbon around the two top layers and adhere to the main card stock.  Stamp and attach a favorite sentiment and you've got a great card for any purpose you need.

Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Top Card 
Card Stock:  Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Print Poetry DSP Stack (129312)
Tools:  1 3/8" Square Punch (119877), Decorative Label Punch (120907)
Ribbon:  Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119256)

Bottom Card

Card Stock:  Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Print Poetry DSP Stack (129312)
Tools:  1 3/8" Square Punch (119877), Decorative Label Punch (120907)
Ribbon:  Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (126847)

Thanks for looking in!  Happy Friday!

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Oh those are simply gorgeous! I love that look and plan to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors