Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Birthday Boys!

Well, 31 years ago, I was in the hospital, but for a good thing!  The birth of my first baby boy, who grew up way too fast and is now 31 years old (omg, where does the time go?).  His birthday was actually yesterday, the 17th and my baby, will be 27 on the 25th.  It's nice having their birthdays close together because it gives us a good reason to make time to all go out for lunch or dinner.  It's so difficult to plan time with them since they work nights and sleep days.  So any time we have together is so special.

My oldest is Billy and my youngest is Robert.  So growing up, when we bought toys, a lot of times we would pick out Blue things for Billy and Red things for Robert.  Just a way for them to remember their toys, I know, it's silly.  LOL... B for Billy and Blue and R for Robert and Red.  Of course, I keep that tradition up when I can, like in cardmaking.

This card is CASED from Nancy Riley and her great masculine card.  Thanks Nancy!!  I changed up the colors, the DSP and the Stamps, but the sketch part is pretty much the same.  Not to mention fast and simple, my favorite kind of card!  (especially for my boys who just don't appreciate that MOM made it... lol)



Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamp Set:  Bring On the Cake (w-121899 / c-121958)
Card Stock:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake
DSP:  Parker's Patterns (131021)
Ink:  Early Espresso
Extra's:  Natural's Designer Buttons (127554), Early Espresso Baker's Twine (123124), Glue Dots (103683), 1 3/8" Square Punch (119877)

Thanks for looking in today.  I hope you had a great 3-day weekend.  I sure enjoyed mine!

I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! Consultant if you don't already have one.  You can order any of the listed items above on my website, or by emailing me (stampswellwithothers@gmail.com) directly for more information or help with ordering.  

~ Donna

5 comments:

  1. Cute! And I think the red & blue traditions are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the BOYS!!! What a blessing those guys bring to us! (Our minister called children "God's spies" last weekend LOL)
    Love your cards, great color combo and heaven knows we all need more masculine ideas!!! :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - God's Spies... they sure are, especially when they are little, no filter on their little mouth telling family and friends everything they shouldn't.

    Danita - thanks! I knew you would remember the Red and Blue thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I like yours better than mine! Love your sentiment choice, and the Parker's Pattern DSP! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Nancy! Thanks! I just loved your card and simply had to CASE it. The Parker's Pattern DSP does look pretty good, it was about all I could think of that would work.

    I love seeing all your iPicks, sadly I have to wait until I'm at home to see them since we can't see Pinterest at the office... grrr. LOL

    Thanks so much for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors