Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Perfect Blend - Rule the World!


How many of you love this set?  I know I do.  So many cute ideas to do with it.  When I first started stamping with Stampin' Up! friends in 2010 we made a gift bag with "coffee ring stains" on the outside.  So when I saw this set, I knew I wanted to do something with the stains again.  



Simply take a saucer or small plate and either Early Espresso or Chocolate Chip re-inkers.  Use just a couple of drops of ink and then add water.  You could either use a real coffee cup for the "ring" or like I did, use one of the empty embellishment boxes that buttons or brads come in.  Simply remove the lid and use the larger piece - dipping it into the ink / water mixture.  Gently press it onto your card - be sure to have some scrap paper or grid paper underneath so you can stamp off the page.  Be sure it dries completely.


I stamped several of the cups and then cut them out for layering on top of each other.  I also stamped the center of the cup where the insulator ring goes around the cup and cut it out as well and pieced it together.


I made two versions of the card.  Which do you like better?  I like the one with a bit of Washi Tape added to the card.  It gives it more color, don't you think?


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamps:  Perfect Blend (w-130745 / c-131392)
Card Stock:  Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
DSP:  Epic Day This and That (130814)
Ink:  Early Espresso or Chocolate Chip
Extras:  Empty button container, Washi Tape, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for looking in today.  See you again tomorrow?

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. Those are both so darn cute...love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend! They were so much fun to make. I see me making so many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the how-to for the coffee cup rings.
    I like the one with the washi tape the best too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaki,

    Thank you so much for commenting. You'll love making the coffee cup rings. They are so much fun! :)

    Thanks for the washi tape comment too. It's good to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors