Friday, July 12, 2013

Secret Garden Bright and Fresh

Here's another pretty card using Secret Garden stamps and framelits with the Gingham Garden DSP.  I love the bright colors that go with this card.  The sentiments come from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set.



Here's how it all comes together:

  • Begin with a base of Daffodil Delight - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".
  • The second layer begins with Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4".
  • Cut the larger piece of Gingham Garden DSP (129310) - 4" x 1 3/4" and the smaller piece - 4" x 3/4"
  • Attach both to the Whisper White and run through the Big Shot (113439) using Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335).
  • Attach to the Daffodil Delight card base.
  • Stamp the solid flowers from Secret Garden Stamps (w-131940 / c-129144) using Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.
  • Die cut the flowers using the Big Shot and Secret Garden framelits (129372).
  • Pop up flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
  • Punch leaves with the Bird Builder Punch (117191) or use the leaves stamp from Secret Garden and the matching framelits.
  • Stamp sentiment on Whisper White
  • Punch sentiment with the Decorative Label Punch (120907). Punch an additional Decorative Label in Melon Mambo. 
  • Cut the Melon Mambo in half and place it behind the sentiment, trimming off any excess that peeks out.
  • Add Large Pearl Basic Jewels (125577) to the center of the flowers.
  • Cut an additional Whisper White for stamping the inside sentiment - 5 1/4" x 4".
Well, that looks like a LOT of work, but really, it's very simple.

Thank you for looking in today.  Welcome to Friday and the weekend ahead!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Ack! I don't know which one I love more ~ this one or yesterday's beauty. They are both my faves!!! OMG Donna you have simply outdone yourself on these two. Love love love LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like this one better. The colors are brighter, but I do love the pink gingham in the other one. I suppose I could use the pink with this one instead of the Island Indigo.

    I just knew you'd love this one too! :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors