Monday, July 21, 2014

A Little Something Cute

Here are two of the cards the girls made at our workshop on Saturday.  Well, these are my samples, as usual the girls dressed theirs up differently and they all came out so cute! 
 
 


 

Have you ever had to try to figure out the middle of a piece of card stock you're using?  If you are like me, you hate math and struggle with it.  BUT Stampin' Up! has a way to make that so simple!  SU has awesome grid paper that I have on my workspace at all times and of course use it at every workshop or class.  So, if you have some take a closer look:  along the bottom, the ruler goes from 0" to 16" left to right across the bottom. Now, turn the grid around so the top is at the bottom and look in the center.  The center is ZERO and grows bigger in 1/4" increments out!  Yayyyy!

This grid makes a way to line up the card stock so you can punch the tabs at the same spot on each side so they line up perfectly using the Scallop Tag Punch.

Here you can see what I do.  I learned this from Dawn Olchefske on her blog, THANK YOU Dawn!

Place your punch so it is centered on the "0", trace the top of it onto your grid and then line up your card stock so the 5 1/2" side is also centered.


Place your card stock inside the punch.  You'll need to slide it in carefully as the punch is made for a 2" wide piece  of card stock, but you can get around that and put in any size you want.


Open the pictures by clicking on them if you need to read the instructions better:









Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you like what you see and click on the pictures below to shop my store to make some of your own!

Happy Monday!
~ Donna



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh...the lil rubber ducky just won my heart over! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be needing to add that to your wish list! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors