Saturday, July 12, 2014

Additional Information on Four Fast Cards

The other day when I was preparing a set of Stamp-a-Stack cards, I realized that I didn't share all the details on the Flower Pot Four Fast Cards < click there to see the original post and details) because I made a mistake when I tried to make them from memory!!!

So, here's what you need to know:

FIRST - when you are putting together your mat that you will be cutting apart for the four cards, you should remember to put some adhesive down the middle as well as around the sides because when you cut it into fours, you want to make sure there are no loose edges to flop around.  Hopefully you can see the shiny adhesive in this picture:


This is your base:  5 1/2" x 4 1/4" solid color (Night of Navy used here) and the mat 5 1/4" x 4" Whisper White.
 
 
Then, make your first cut.  I lined mine up so the upper corner and the lower corner were both on the same measurement - here I used the 1" mark.

 
Your next two cuts are important (this was the error I discovered when I didn't do it right).  On your 2nd cut, you need to be sure your cut edge is running straight across along the horizontal lines on your cutter.  If you don't your pieces won't line up properly on your card.  Same is true for the other half which would be your 3rd cut.
 
 
When you're done, you'll have four pieces that will fit in any corner on your cards.
 
 
 
Thank you for looking in today.  If you have any questions, please let me know.
 
Have a blessed Sunday!
 
~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors