Monday, September 8, 2014

Give Thanks

I'm giving Thanks today for a great weekend with friends!  On Saturday six of us from my stamp team went to Tucson, Arizona to meet with other Demonstrators for a fabulous Unite and Excite event.  We had a great time and a safe trip, despite the lightning, thunder and rain!

Something that was fabulously exciting for me was to meet Mary Fish.  I've been following her blog since before I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  We were even sitting at the same table for all our brainstorming discussions.  Thank you Mary for all your inspiration.

 
 
Now for today's card.  This is actually a Christmas set called White Christmas (135767) in the Holiday Catalog.  It is a Photopolymer set which my favorite type of stamp.  I just love how they stamp so crisp and clean and you can see exactly where you are placing them.  Perfect for when you want to layer your stamps onto a card.
 

I first tried to ink up the tree with my Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Write Marker and the ground with my Always Artichoke Marker, but I didn't get good enough coverage on the trees.  So, instead I inked the trees above the ground with my Baked Brown Sugar ink pad and then colored in the rest with the markers.  It worked perfectly!

There's a great little Autumn Wooden Elements (135846) tied on with Linen Thread (104199)


To make the leaves on trees, I used Q-tips by dabbing them into my inks.  I used Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Baked Brown Sugar (just a little) and Daffodil delight.  There is also a stamp in the set that makes great little dots on the trees as well.
 

The "give thanks" comes from a Special Hostess Set called Good Greetings.  This is an exclusive stamp set available FREE to all hostesses with a qualifying party of $300 or more before October 31, 2014.  Contact me to earn your free set!


2 comments:

  1. Darling card!! Great job and again for thinking outside the box! So fun that you got to meet Mary Fish! She's so awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorri! I don't normally send out Thanksgiving or Halloween cards but they are so pretty to make, I just can't resist!

      Mary saw us getting our picture taken and asked if this was "Lorri's" girls and could she photobomb us, OF COURSE! It was all great fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors