Monday, September 15, 2014

Guest Stamper - Alyssa N.

Alyssa and Brittney stayed after our Saturday workshop to make some extra cards for birthdays and a get well, so I thought I'd share the cute card Alyssa made.  This is her first time as our "Guest Stamper" so - Yayyyy Alyssa!
 
I'm sure you've seen this card before but with different colors and papers. My original one was done with watercolor paper, aqua pen and ink pads squished onto the lids.  If you missed mine, it can be seen HERE.  Confused about the squished lids?  Ask me!
 
Alyssa was using some old kits that were precut - so the blue paper you see is retired Baja Breeze and I believe the DSP is from the Spring Catalog.  After DSP retires, I generally cut it up into 6" x 6" squares to use for any number of uses.  My favorite making cards for Operation Write Home.
 
The "cheese" is So Saffron cut at 5 1/4" x 4 - 2 times with the top pieces being punched with 3/4" and 1/2" circles to make it "swiss".  Then she sponged So Saffron ink around the edges and the holes.  Pop it up with Dimensionals to give some depth and add the top.
 

When she inked up the stamp, she covered the sentiment and stamped just the picture, then colored it using our Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities.

Inside we inked up just the sentiment after thoroughly cleaning the entire stamp so it was nice and clean for no stamping shadows that could be left behind.

 
 
Also on the inside is another piece of Whisper White cut at 5 1/4" x 4" for a nice clean area to stamp the sentiment.  Always remember to stamp first then adhere it to the card base - just in case you have a stamping boo-boo.

Thank you for looking in today.  Be sure to leave some love for Alyssa in the comments.  I know she'll get a kick out of it.  She's one of my youngest stampers at the age of 18 and she loves to craft, I love that she loves it!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors