Sunday, September 21, 2014

Goodness Makes Me Grateful

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this... please...?  ha ha ha!  I guess I shouldn't make cards when I've had the day (or days) I've had.  The good news is, I was able to save this card, which I thought turned out beautifully until I noticed this:



Without going into all the details, we ended up having to have one of the beautiful outdoor cats that count on us for food and shelter, put down today due to several issues from kidney failure and other intestinal issues that weren't going to be improving. 

The vet and everyone at our Animal Care Hospital is so kind and they did everything they could.  So I wanted to make a nice card for them - even though I know they will all be signing and sending a card to us.  I plan to make cookies later today and drop them off on my way to work Monday.

So, here's the card - re-arranged after the original oops!  LOL

Normally I wouldn't use Whisper White or Very Vanilla as a base because it isn't as sturdy as our colored card stock, but since the top layer has extra layers, it really ended up working very well.  Thankfully I had extra to trim off to place onto the Whisper White!
 
 

Notice how the first (now 2nd) layer is popped up with Dimensionals and the sentiment is adhered directly at the top, but uses a dimensional below so that it balances out.
 

Thank you for looking in  today.  Before I go, here's our beautiful boy we lost today.  Isn't he gorgeous?  He was a Maine Coon and a giant sweetheart!  Here he is trying to convince me to stay home and play instead of going to work.  LOL

Rest in Peace Sweet Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors