Monday, January 9, 2017

Little Love Notes

I know it seems early to think about Valentine's, but it will be here before you know it and anyone with kids will want to get a head start on them for teachers and friends!

Do you notice the difference in these cards below from how I normally do cards?


Look very closely, outside (above) and inside (below).  Do you see it?


Let me give you the recipe, while you ponder.

Recipe:

Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack - 6" x 3", scored and folded at 3"
Whisper White - 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" (some cut to that size, some cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits)
Love Notes Framelits
OR - Sealed with Love Bundle
Sending Love Glassine Sheets
Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack (real red ribbon)


So, you've probably figured out that I didn't start my card with a plain cardstock, but rather with the Designer Series Papers.  I don't know that I would do it will a full size card, but for these little 3 x 3 gems it worked really well!


The Glassine Sheets are 12" x 6" and very thin, so I folded it in half long ways and then in half again and the little envelope framelit cut very easily through all the layers.  Sure saves on the cranking on the Big Shot!


There was even room to cut out some of the hearts from the set.


Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna




Product List

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I thought you used the DSP for the card and then glued on the plain. Works for me. I didn't pay any attention to the glassine sheets but they are fun for this project. Mike received 4 gift cards from the General that have writing on the front - they are kraft paper colored and I can turn them over and glue the front side down and use them like you did with the opening showing sometime. Mike just looked at me stupidly when I grabbed the 4 little envelopes and whisked them away! Not sure which one is my favorite of what you made. Fun!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I bet Mike thought you'd lost your marbles! ha ha! The Glassine Sheets are pretty cool. I need to use them to make something bigger so you can see them better. They really look nice.

    You were correct, the DSP was the base with the white glued on. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors