Thursday, January 12, 2017

Mirror Image with Beautiful You

I've always wanted to try the Mirror Image Technique, so when I spotted this on Sandi MacIver's blog, I decided the time was NOW!  I made a couple of changes, but I loved her base colors so that was what I stayed with.  Thank you Sandi for great inspiration!


This is the perfect image for this technique.  There's no better place for a reflection than in a puddle of water.

Recipe:  
Soft Sky - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 4 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Shimmer White - 4 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Designer Series Paper - Cupcakes and Carousels - 4 3/4" x 1"


I like using the Shimmery White cardstock for watercoloring or even with blender pens.  It stamps nicely and doesn't self destruct with the moisture.  I used our Black Archival Ink since I was going to be working with my Aqua Brush.  You can also use Black StazOn.

To make your image first stamp the entire image onto your cardstock high enough on the card so you have room to stamp your mirrored image below.

Next, stamp the image again onto a clear window sheet.  Try not to stamp the black squiggly line under her feet so that you don't duplicate it onto the card.  I have wood mount stamps (wish they were Photopolymer!), so I actually inked the stamp and then placed the window sheet onto the stamp so I didn't have to worry about where the ink went.


Gently turn the window sheet over and line up the ankles and press the image onto the cardstock.  It won't be a perfectly clear image, but you don't want it to be.  A reflection should have some distortion to it.


Use one of the fill in stamps from the same set to stamp your puddles.  I used Soft Sky and stamped off once before stamping the card.

The image is colored with our new Watercolor Pencils.  I used Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Friday Eve!  ~ Donna



2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so impressed. I haven't even dared to even think about trying a mirror image. Yours is fantastic! Great colors that Sandi and you used. I like that ribbon and DSP you used too. Really a great card!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Chris! It really is so very easy. I thought the gray ribbon fit nicely. It just seemed to need something other than the pink.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors