Friday, October 5, 2018

A Takeout Box for Mummy

Well, the title for this was going to be really clever, but apparently it was clever a very long time ago, so I decided to change it.   Check it out here: October 15, 2014... Are You My Mummy...

Today's Mummy is from Lorri's Cozy Craft Retreat.

Start by stamping the Mummy Cat from Trick or Tweet onto Very Vanilla card stock and then fussy cut to have for later.  Stamp a sentiment onto a small strip of Very Vanilla and punch a small hole in one end to attach later.


Die cut and assemble the Take Out Box from Takeout Treats Thinlits using Very Vanilla.  As you assemble you can glue the kitty's backside into the back of the box so he looks like he's peeking around the corner.  (Cut two to make the box.)

Cut a small piece of Basic Black cardstock to place onto the box where you want the eyes to peek out.  Then tear Very Vanilla scraps into 1/2" strips to wrap around the box - or you could just cover the front.  It's really up to you.  Be sure not to cover up the black piece and then attach googly eyes or you could attach two pearls to be his eyes.

Lorri had a strip of Muslin to wrap around the box and tie into a bow.  Made me think our Mummy had a toothache!  Remember the old movies and pictures when someone a toothache, it seems they tied a strip of cloth or handkerchief under their jaw and over their head?  Why would you do that?  ha ha ha!

This was a fun little box to make!  You could do the same thin with a greeting card with strips across the front.  I think I have one of those in my archives as well.

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Friday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. This is too clever! I love it. I am saving this idea in case I don't CASE it. Just too much fun. Is that one of of the spider charms as well? I didn't get any of them but thought they were sort of fun but too scary maybe? I bet you had a great time at your retreat!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the spider charms. They don't look too scary. They aren't very big at all.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors