Monday, October 8, 2018

Sunburst Halloween Card

At our team meeting last month we had a wonderful Christmas Card using this Sunburst technique.  I loved it so much I decided it needed to be used with other papers as well, so here is my Halloween version.


Recipe - 
Granny Apple Green - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4" (2 - one outside under the strips and one inside)
Designer Series Paper - Toil & Trouble (or your choice for your card)

  • 4 strips - 6" x 1 1/2" then cut diagonally from corner to corner
On the Whisper White (outside piece) make a light pencil line dividing the cardstock in half horizontally.  This is where you start attaching the triangles you made - from cutting the strips diagonally.

Lay your DSP out the way you want it to be sure of color mixture and contrast, then attach the strips to the Whisper White.  Be careful that no glue or adhesive gets onto the part of the strip that hangs off the edge of the cardstock because you will be using the pieces in just a bit.

After they are all attached, turn over and trim with your snips all the excess pieces.  Use the biggest pieces to fill in the last of the card at the corner.  On this card that would be the purple stripe at the top and the green and white dots at the bottom.


Die cut a circle with the stitched shapes dies, add your sentiment and place it on the card with just a bit hanging over the Whisper White.  Trim that off for a flat edge and then attach to the Granny Apple Green base.

Decorate and stamp the inside and you're ready to go!


Stamps:  Cauldron Bubble
Ink:  Granny Apple Green and Memento Black

Thank you for looking in today.  It's going to be a busy week with early voting starting this week!  I'll post when I can, but if I'm missing, you'll know I'm working long hours.

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Fun, I have not made one of these cards for a long time. Probably last Christmas or the year before? I know I made Mike a Iowa Hawkeye one for his birthday one year but I think it has been a couple of years.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors