Friday, January 30, 2015

Butterfly Birthday

Today's card uses the beautiful Butterfly Thinlits Dies.  I'm thinking this could be my next workshop card...



When I began this card, I started with Bermuda Bay for the base and then realized the DSP I was planning to use has Coastal Cabana.  I like the way they mix together though, so decided to leave it the way it is.  What do you think?


The Bermuda Bay Base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4" and then I used the Butterfly Thinlit in the upper right corner.

The Bermuda Bay strip is 4" x 1 5/8" with DSP (Best Year Ever) at 4" x 1 1/2"

The Coastal Cabana ribbon and the DSP are both freebies from Sale-a-Bration.  The Calypso Coral Pompom Trim is in the Occasions catalog.


When using the butterfly dies or any intricate framelit, it can be frustrating to have all those little pieces stick inside the framelit.  Well, worry no more! 

Once you cut your butterfly and all the pieces are still in the framelit, simply take a fragrance free dryer sheet (the cheap ones at the dollar store are perfect!) - fold it in half and in half again and place it on your cutting pad, place the framelit - paper side down - onto the dryer sheet, add the 2nd cutting plate and run it through again.

The butterfly will stick to the dryer sheet and be completely released from the die.  Then simply lift off the butterfly from the dryer sheet.

If you find yourself scratching your head, you can find multiple examples of this on YouTube - just type in "butterfly dies with dryer sheets". 



Thank you for looking in today.  Looking forward to a great weekend with Super Bowl on Sunday!  My favorite team didn't make it, but I love the commercials, so it doesn't really matter who's playing!

Phoenix is all a-buzz with Super Bowl Fever and the Waste Management Open (formerly known as the Phoenix Open).  So getting around town this week has been interesting.  The funny thing, at least to me, is that it's RAINING!  (tee hee).  Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!  Actually, the Seattle Seahawks fans are used to the rain, so they've been out enjoying the NFL Experience in downtown Phoenix like it's nothing at all.  I'm loving the rain.  We don't get enough to suit me, so I think it's great!

Have a great weekend - wherever you are!

~ Donna

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors