Thursday, June 11, 2015

Catalog Casing - Garden in Bloom

My first order of fun from the catalog arrived today (Wednesday) and after I sorted out the workshop from Saturday I started to play with one of my new stamp sets, Garden in Bloom.

This is a great two-step set with outline stamps and filler stamps.  For this card I just used the filler stamps.  The card I CASEd this from is on page 119 of the catalog.  It isn't exactly the same simply because I just wanted the concept and not exact.

I used Daffodil Delight for the lighter color on the flowers and Delightful Dijon for the darker part.  HEY, I just realized both of those yellow's have "Delight" in them... how did I miss that before?  Please tell me I'm not alone there.

The base card is Delightful Dijon, then stamped on Whisper White and covered with Vellum.  On top of the Vellum I used Memento, but I think I may try StazOn next time and possibly embossing powder.  I know ink doesn't dry well on Vellum, but I had to give it a try.


If you look closely at the stamps, you'll see a little pointer that will help you line up the outline with the inside.  So, when you stamp, be sure to place the pointer in the same place on your block for each stamp.  Since they are Photopolymer, you may not need to do this as you can see through the block and stamp, but this will help you line it up if you like it a bit more precise.


Thank you for looking in today.  

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors