Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Garden in Bloom - Updated and Shiny!

This is an updated version of a card I made and posted last Thursday, June 11th.  You can see it HERE.

On the first card, I had to wait all night long for the black Memento ink to dry on the vellum card stock.  Well, I fixed that problem here by stamping with VersaMark and using Black Heat Embossing Powder.

The trick here is being sure to use your Embossing Buddy first so that you don't have stray bits of powder melted onto your card (I'm getting better at remembering where I put that little bag).  When using the Heat Gun with Vellum card stock, you must do so very slowly and carefully.  DO NOT get the heat too close to the Vellum.  It will ruin your paper and your day! 

Once the powder has properly melted onto the Vellum, let it sit and cool before you attempt to touch it.  It will smear if it is still warm.  This should only take a couple of minutes.  Nothing like my first post!  Yayyyy!


Pretty!  Don't you think?


Thank you for looking in today.  

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. As the very lucky recipient of this beauty, I can attest to the fact that this photo just doesn't do it justice. It is even lovelier in person. Thank you my dear friend for always boosting my spirits when I need it most <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome my friend! I'm so glad you like your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors