Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Just For You...

I spotted a card similar to this by Kylie Bertucci where she uses Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand after being inspired by Brian King to use these colors together.  I loved the combination and wanted to give it a try.  I do have to confess about my Sahara Sand.  Can you believe that's the only ink pad I don't have!?  So, what I did was use Tip Top Taupe and stamped off once before stamping the butterfly and the tiny dots.  

The Pink Pirouette is stamped onto Very Vanilla and really looks nice. I even think one of my customers, who shall remain nameless, who doesn't like Pitiful Pink *wink* might like it a little better on Vanilla.


However, using the Pink Pirouette paper under the sentiment, just didn't look good at all.  It's fine as a small mat between the Very Vanilla layers, but not out and bold.  So I decided to use a stamp from Butterfly Basics onto Very Vanilla - it seems to work much better.

Which do you prefer?  I'd love to hear your ideas.


I think perhaps some Gorgeous Grunge splattered around would be good too.  Too much open space on these to suit me.


Take a minute and let me know what you think.  I'm trying to find something fun and beautiful to make for my very first EVER Stampin' Up! Convention in July!  Time's a wasting (tick tock!) and I need to get with it!  Ack!

Thank you for checking in today.  Please come back tomorrow!

~ Donna


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. I like them BOTH but I am more drawn to the one with the honeycomb pattern stamped on the paper under the sentiment! So pretty. I need to get crackin on my swap ideas too. Aack is right. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. That's my favorite too. I actually added the tiny dots from Gorgeous Grunge and it seems to look better.

      Thank you so much for posting!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for casing my card Donna and mentioning me. I love your take on my card. I hope you have a fantastic time at convention! I will be watching online from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kylie. Your card was just so beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors