Saturday, June 13, 2015

How I Store My Photopolymer Stamps

I've found a better way to store my Photopolymer Stamps inside the CD boxes they come in.  I believe I already shared how to attach the printed window sheet on the outside of the box and then stick the stamp itself inside the plastic box.  

However, I found that they don't stick as well as I'd like them to on the inside of the box and started cleaning the inside of the box with stamp cleaner, but that wasn't enough either.  THEN I came across an email by Stamping to Share with Kay Kalthoff and her idea on how to make them work.  Thank you KAY!  This works perfectly.

When you get your photopolymer stamps they come in between two window sheets.  One is printed, one is not.  You can keep them like that in the box, but then they float around the box and are time consuming to use each time. 


Remove the printed plastic sheet from your stamps and place it under the stamps so they line up.  This way you know which side you want to put your glue dots on to stick on the outside of your box, but inside the thin sleeve.



Place your glue dot on what would be the "back" side of the printed plastic sheet.  You'll know it's the back if there is writing on the sheet and you have to read it backwards.  :)  The little dots are inside the red badly drawn circle below:


Open your box all the way open, and then some so the thin plastic sleeve and slide your printed sheet inside and attach it to the hard case.


Turn your stamps face down and place Tear and Tape adhesive across the edges.  Kay used little glue dots in her video and they worked okay on the first one I tried, but I found that the glue dot would pull up when I wanted to remove a stamp for using, so I decided to try something with a little more holding power.


Peel up the tape, turn over the sheet so the stamps are on top and line them up with the printed image that shows through the case.  I suggest using a bone folder or something to be sure the sticky tape is down good and tight as the plastic case doesn't seem to hold on to the tape or glue dots like it would on paper.


The first time you pull your stamps off the plastic, they will be on their pretty tight, so be sure to pull them up gently. 

Your stamps should stay put really well and when a stamp is missing (or still on a clear block hiding from you) you'll know which one you need to find!  


If your stamps have  more than one sheet, you can also put them inside the front cover as well.  Sometimes there are four sheets and might fit two side by side.  Each set is different, but for most sets, this will work.


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a wonderful weekend!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors