Wednesday, June 24, 2015

English Garden in Bloom

As promised, here are some more cards using the beautiful English Garden DSP.  The basic idea for this card comes from Connie Collins.  Thank you Connie!  Her card uses Blackberry Bliss and a scalloped edge which is very pretty.

I chose to use Melon Mambo for my mat color and I didn't use a scalloped edge or stitches.  This card is going to be another one of my favorites!


Even the inside is decorated.  I must remember to do this more often.  I love having the inside looking beautiful too!



Recipe:

Mossy Meadow - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Melon Mambo - 5 1/4" x 4"
DSP - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Whisper White (inside) 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

Sentiment Inside and Out:  Garden in Bloom
Ink:  Soft Suede for sponging the edges of the DSP and Circle
Mossy Meadow for Sentiments




Since I didn't want to do stitching, I made my own "stitch" with my Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.  I only did this around the 2 1/2" Circle.


Remember, if you are reading this in an email (exactly how many of you are reading from an email?  I'm curious - post a comment and let me know, please?) - if you are, remember to go to my blog link below to see the "scrolling store" from "mystampin'blog" website.

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. I feel special today after reading this card :)

    So pretty, Donna. I haven't seen you sponging edges very much lately. Ironically, again, I just did for the first time in a long while the other day too. I love the softness it adds to the right paper and style of a card.

    Still need to place that order but today my darling granddaughter and I have a full day of food prep planned as we are making a huge family supper tonight for the gang. I hope I'm able to pull this day off! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to forget to sponge the edges and then it will be on all of them and then I stop again. I get anxious to get them photographed and posted I think!

    Good thing you like this card... (snicker)

    Love ya and good luck... I'd say don't overdo, but I know better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors