Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Appletini Happy Hour

I saw a few people making cute things with the Happy Hour Stamp Set (w-125540 / c-125542) and when I spotted one using the Crystal Light Appletini drink mix, I just knew I had to play with it. 

When I saw these online, I thought they were individual drink mixes - that will teach me to read the details!  So when I found them on Walmart's website I was so excited they had them I just ordered them and found out later that each packet makes 2 quarts!!  So glad I read the packet before I put it into my 16.9 ounce water bottle! LOL

Regardless, I think these came out really cute and I've been working on them all evening and have several done and ready to give out to my stamping group.


Since the packet is rather large, I had to change my planning on what I was going to display them in.  Originally I thought of using the Two Tags Bigz die (115954) and I think that would have been perfect for individual size packets.  So off I go to see what I have that will work and ended up with using the Top Note Bigz die (113463). 

Cut the 8 1/2" x 11" paper long ways at 4 1/4 and using the Simply Scored, score it at halfway at 5 1/2".  Place it on the Top Note die just inside the cut so that you will only be actually cutting on three sides.  Then place one half of the paper inside your favorite Embossing Folder - I used the New Argyle Folder (127750).  Then I cut a piece of Whisper White at 4 1/4" x 2" and placed it in the center of the Top Note to make a band across the front.

The scallop circle uses the Perfect Pennants Bigz L (123126) and I used both of the circles there for some variety.  The Appletini is stamped using Gumball Green Ink and punched out with a 1 3/4" Circle Punch (119850) and sponged on the edges. 

Using the Multipurpose "green glue" (110755) I attached everything together - holding the sides in place while the glue had a chance to set.

It's hard to tell the colors here, I'm really disappointed in the way it looks online, but the Top Note is cut from Melon Mambo and the edges are inked around the Appletini with Melon Mambo.

Recipe: 
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Gumball Green
Stamps:  Happy Hour
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Gumball Green
Tools:  Big Shot, Argyle Embossing Folder, Perfect Pennants, 1 3/4" Circle Punch,
Extras:  1/8" Taffeta Ribbon - Gumball Green (you can get this FREE this month with a $40 purchase!), Dimensionals and Multipurpose Glue

I hope you've enjoyed this cute little packet.  If you see smaller drink mixes out there, let me know!!

Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors