Thursday, September 20, 2012

Scentsational Christmas Cocoa

Christmas cards are my favorite of all cards to make.  I think because it starts me thinking of cooler weather, not cold, because after all, this is Phoenix, Arizona, but at least cooler!  It must be working because it was beautiful outside this morning.

I found this card made by Becky Roberts but made just a couple of changes.  I used whisper white instead of very vanilla for the snowflakes and the cocoa cup.  White just seemed better for snow.  I also used a different "Merry Christmas" than Becky did.  I can see I need to make some measurement adjustments too.  Can you see where I need to make a change?


To make the drink inside the cup a different color than the cup, ink up your stamp with Cherry Cobbler and then gently wipe off the "inside of the cup" with a Q-tip and then color back in with your Stampin' Write Marker.

Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
Stampin' Write Marker:  Chocolate Chip
Stamps:  Scentsational Season (w-121026 / c-121190) and Greetings of the Season (w-128030 / c-128033) both from the Holiday Catalog
Extras:  Holiday Collection Framelits (127814), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Jewels Basic Rhinestones (119246), Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and of course, the Big Shot (113439)

Thanks Becky for the great inspiration!

Have a great day and remember to Stamp Well With Others!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors