Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BBQ Punch Art

** Before I begin with today's card, please take a minute to pray for all those affected by the Oklahoma tornado from yesterday.  I just can't imagine going through that much devastation.  Pray for those who have lost family members, especially those who lost children.  My heart breaks for them.  May God bless them and help them as they heal. **



I really LOVE Punch Art.  So many amazing women with great ideas on how to use the punch art we see online.

This is one I spotted a while ago but I don't remember where I first saw it.  I've seen several versions over the last couple of years.  I guessed at some of the sizing, but I think it came out pretty well.  So that you don't have to guess what to use, I've posted a picture with each punch and die used.

My Dad would have loved this.  He was the Grill Master around here.  


The only thing not shown on the picture below is the silver brad.  I meant to glue dot that on so it would be on the layout details.

This was very very simple to put together. Just follow the directions below.  Let me know if you make one for your special Grill Master!


  • Begin with a piece of Whisper White and of Basic Black and run them through your Big Shot with the Top Note Bigz Die (113463).  Cut the Basic Black in half.
  • Using your 1 3/4" Circle Punch (119850) punch out 1 circle from Basic Gray.  Cut it in half.
  • Punch from Sahara Sand, 2 Word Windows (119857), also just the end of Modern Label (119849) and two of the smallest circles from the Owl Builder Punch (118074)
  • Punch from Basic Black 1 Word Window (119857) and the two of the largest circles from the Owl Builder Punch (118074).
  • Using the Bird Builder Punch (117191) punch out 2 wings from Daffodil Delight.  Sponge the edges with Pumpkin Pie.
Attach the pieces together as shown in the card above, stamp with your sentiment and attach it to the card stock of your choice.  I used Real Red.

Card Stock:  Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand
Ink:  Black StazOn
Stamp Set:  Delightful Dozen (w-122650 / c-122652)

Thanks for looking in today.  


3 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! And such a perfect guy card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the grill cards! I will have to make one again this year because we got my hubby grill things this year! WOOOHOO! Great idea! TFS Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorri - what on earth were you doing up at 1:25 a.m.? You are such a night owl! LOL

    I really love this card. I'd make more, but I don't know who to give them to. I guess I could do one for hubby... maybe that would hint that he should cook more often. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors