Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Embossing Buddy - The Best Buddy Ever!

Did you know that the Embossing Buddy is your very best buddy ever when it's time to heat emboss with embossing powder?  I was skeptical at first, but after making a couple of really awful attempts without it, I've decided to never use my embossing powders and heat gun without my Embossing Buddy!

Here's a sample of how different a project can be with and without using our EB.  The flowers on the left were stamped with VersaMark, powdered and heated after using the Embossing Buddy.  The flowers on the right were just stamped, powdered and heated without the Embossing Buddy.  You can clearly see the extra powder that didn't shake or tap off before heating and ended up being a permanent part of the flowers.  

Luckily, I'll be using the Framelits that go to this set and they will eliminate the "overspray" (for lack of a better term!) in my final product.

Come back tomorrow to see the pretty cards that were made with the flowers from Secret Garden (w-129141 / c-129144) below.



Today's Recipe:
Embossing Buddy (103083)
Vellum Card Stock (101856)
VersaMark Pad (102283)
White Embossing Powder (109132)
Heat Tool (129053)

Thank you for checking in today. Only two more days (May 31st) and we can all begin ordering from the new catalog!  I can hardly wait to start whittling down my list.  Yayyy!

Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. TOTALLY AGREE! Have you used the embossing buddy to create the "chalk dust" effect on cards as well? It's AWESOME! Such an appropriate name for this gadget, embossing BUDDY!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Love it as chalk dust. It's perfect for the cute chalkboard you made and I CASED. ;) and even more now with the cute "chalk talk" stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors