Friday, June 27, 2014

A Little Sumthin' Patriotic

I spotted someone making Fireworks with the Too Kind stamp set and even though I had planned on getting this set, this prompted me to get it sooner.  Of course, I wanted to be sure it carried over into this year's catalog first.  SOOO glad that it did!
 
This was very, very easy to put together.  I do have to tell you, this is my 2nd attempt at these two cards.  I originally made the card with our Metallic Silver ink.  Let me just say DON'T DO IT! unless you plan to use some silver emboss.  The stuff just doesn't dry and will smudge, making you very unhappy!
 
Instead, I used Smoky Slate and added some glimmer with Dazzling Details. 
 




 
 
I was thrilled to find "Hooray Hoorah!" for the inside.  It seemed like a perfect stamp, don't you think?
 
 
 
Thank you for looking in today.  One more week until Independence Day!  I hope you get a chance to make some of these fun cards for our Nation's Birthday!
 
To order any of the items used to make this project, just click on any of the pictures below to take you to my store!  Thank you for shopping with me!
 
~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna this card is so beautiful! What a great patriotic card! I love all your posts, thanks so much for your amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorri! I actually figured out I should have turned the flowers over the other way for a proper fireworks look. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors