Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Let Your Hair Down!

Is this adorable or what???  The original was created by Alisa Anderson and shared by Dawn Olchefske.  Thank you Dawn for sharing this.  I just LOVE IT!
 
My version has brown hair though since I have brown hair, it just seemed right!  This is really simple to make and can be used with any color choices you like.
 
 
 
Start with your base card of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 5 1/4" x 4" and another piece of Chocolate Chip the same size and then cut it in half 4" x 2 5/8" (to make two sets of bangs).  Using your Fringe Scissors (133325) cut most of the way up the hair piece.

Attach your ribbon where you stopped cutting and affix it at the back of the "hair".  Then attach that to the Very Vanilla and the Very Vanilla to the card base.

Stamp the sentiment from the Hostess Set (which you can earn very easily with my help!) "Let Your Hair Down" (133937 wood / 133940 clear mount). 

I used a framelit from Chalk Talk (129983) but you could use any framelit you like that would fit around the sentiment.  I also cut an extra piece matching the ribbon color (Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon) to place behind the sentiment and popped them up with Dimensionals.

 

I hope you love this card as much as I did.  If I can help you earn "Let Your Hair Down" let me know!  

Thanks for looking in today!  Happy Wednesday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors