Sunday, June 1, 2014

Work of Art Background

Have you ever thought of making your own background paper and thought it would be just too difficult?  Well it's much easier than you think!

The idea for this comes from Kay Kalthoff, the color choice comes from me.  I really do like how these came out and think it will make a great base card that can be turned in to just about anything.

 
The colors I used are Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar and Pistachio Pudding as well as Whisper White for the background and coffee cup.
 
The base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  The background layer is 5 1/4" x 4".  The next layer is 3 3/4" x 2 3/4" and the Whisper White layer is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".


Randomly stamp the "swish" from the new Work of Art stamp set that will be available beginning Monday, June 2nd at Noon Mountain Time (11 a.m. Arizona Time!) using your favorite three colors.  Stamp those same three colors randomly using one of the smaller "swoosh" stamps from the same set, then stamp the coffee cup from Perfect Blend over the colors.  Also stamp the cup on the small piece of Whisper White.  Also stamp the cup and a sentiment inside on a solid color you want for the cup sleeve.

Cut out the cup portion of the colored cup and cut out the sleeve portion.  Before adhering them to the cup on the Whisper White - use the light striped stamp and the small dotted splatter from Gorgeous Grunge over the bottom of the cup in 2 of the colors you've chose from your set of three.


Attach a piece of ribbon across the bottom and around the back and pop it all up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Mark your calendar for Monday Midday - Be the first to place an order from the new catalog!!

The first FIVE PEOPLE to order $30.00 or more from me between 11 a.m. June 2nd to midnight June 5, 2014, will receive a special card and a little surprise in the mail from me!     ** Stampin' Up! ordering will be down on June 2nd from Midnight to Noon (MDT) while they transition the system to the new catalog.  So be sure to wait or you will be frustrated with your order not working.  ** 

Ordering is easy by clicking on any of the items below that will take you to my store or you can click HERE to get to my online store. 

If you need help, please email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com and I'll help you any way I can.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for looking in today!

Donna

2 comments:

  1. My oh my this card is a dream come true! I LOVE coffee and the In Colors from last year.....MMMmmmmm I can't wait for tomorrow's cup of Java after seeing this card! Great creative work Miss Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorri - you are so funny!! Nearly midnight and you are anxious for the next day's coffee.... love it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors