Monday, June 2, 2014

Let The Countdown Begin...

How is your wish list coming along for all the great goodies you want from the new catalog?  Mine changes constantly and it is very long.  I think I'll start with three of my favorites and then go from there.
 
What are your three favorite stamp sets from the new catty - have you decided yet?  Mine are:
 
Age Awareness on page 50 - a Photopolymer Set (Yayyyy!!  I'm so excited for these!)
Cupcake Party on page 58 and
Something For Baby as a Bundle on page 74.
 
So, while we wait for our new toys and papers to arrive, it is the perfect time to use up some of the old DSP (Designer Series Papers) to make room for the new ones.
 
Sunday I made several of these, but I'm just showing two for now and more tomorrow, unless I make something with more of my sneak peek things...

 
 
 
Here is the recipe for making this card:
 
Start with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of card stock that will match the DSP you choose.  Score it at 4 1/4".
 
Then cut another piece of card stock that will go with your DSP choice and cut it at 5 1/4" x 4".
 
The DSP is cut at 2 1/2" x 1 7/8".  Cut two of  two different designs for your card and place them onto the 2nd layer (Whisper White in my case).
 
The mat for the sentiment is 3 1/4" x 2 1/4" and the sentiment piece is 3" x 2".
 
I wanted to put a wider ribbon on the card, but didn't have any that would go with these colors, so when I was wrapping this one around to decide on the length I noticed how it looked good without tying it and just leaving it out to the side.  To adhere the ribbon I used a piece of Sticky Strip across the front and then wrapped the ribbon around the top of the sticky, around the back and then at the bottom of the sticky.  Then trimmed them up. 


Don't forget to be one of the first FIVE to order from MY WEBSITE - this offer is only offered by me, not Stampin' Up!  Click HERE to see the details.

Thank you for looking in today.  Shopping begins at 11 a.m. ARIZONA TIME, so off we go!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors